Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Broken :(

Here is some pictures of my broken little boy. As you can see he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. He is such a content little boy that he just dealt with the fact he can't do what he normally does. He did have rough time with it at first when we brought him home, he wanted me to put him down so he could walk. In a couple weeks I know he will walk but he needs to keep weight off of his leg for now.

This pictures shows his traction that he was in for a week. He would roll around which the nurses and doctors were amazed at becasue normally patients are in to much pain and discomfort to be lying on thier stomache but not my tough guy, he has a very high tolerance for pain (unlike his mother)
Here he is reading up on his hospital stay, a book that Jordan and Jessica brought for him.
This was how he normally was in the hospital, happy, content and wasn't bothered by not being able to get out of his crib and play. As long as he had his cars and his shows he would just play. I managed to read 3 Karen Kingsbury books while I stayed with him.
This is the cast that he will be wearing for the next 6-8 weeks this summer. Again he doesn't look to bothered by it and is on his stomache again, it didn't take him long to figure out how to roll over.
We are at home here and he doesn't look to hard done by does he!?!
We will have to be creative this summer and find lots of fun things to do here at home with him and the girls.
If you have any ideas for me please leave a comment.
I also want to thank all of our visitors in the hospital, it really helped pass the time and made both of us feel special. The cars and trucks and book for Riley helped pass the time away. Some ladies in our care group are making us meals which is above and beyond what I ever imagined. Thank you so much.
I am hoping to get back to my scrapbooking, and I need to write a bunch of thank you cards! So I hope to post more soon!
Carrie

3 comments:

Jen said...

Just like I said yesterday Carrie, isn't it funny how we are always thinking of how we can scrap every opportunity...even if it always isn't that funny? We are still praying for a speedy recovery for Riley...and for you to keep your sanity over the summer!

Nancy said...

What a trooper you have Carrie!! Hugs to you both!

Anonymous said...

OH he is so cute! Can't wait to see your pages for this adventure!

Andrea